Doctorate – MD/DO; Maintaining Board Certifications; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association; Basic Life Support Program (BLS) – American Heart Association; Relationship Management Patient Access; Board Certification in Specialty Discipline (or eligibility if appropriate) – .; Physician License (DR) – .
Never or Rarely
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a full-time Board Certified/Board Eligible Medical Oncology physician, to join us at our multi-disciplinary cancer center at Franciscan Health Woodland Cancer Care Center Michigan City located in Michigan City, Indiana. Physicians will have support of an experienced local team of colleagues and will have the opportunity to serve as a leader in the ongoing growth and development of the oncology service line in the Michigan City market area.
Our full service, comprehensive cancer treatment center includes:
- Infusion Center
- Radiation Oncology with Trilogy Linear Accelerator and new TruBeam Linear Accelerator with Hyperarc and Identify
- Neurosurgery and treatment on site
- Physicist on site
- Pharmacy onsite
- Nurse Navigators
- Research Opportunties
- Palliative Care NPs
- Social Worker onsite
- Monthly Tumor Board
WHAT WE NEED:
Candidates will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and existing medical staff. Physicians will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of care, displaying passion and energy for fostering an environment of clinical and service excellence.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Medical Oncology Board Certified
- Clinic schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Physician will have 36 hours of patient contact weekly with possibility of 4 ½ day work week
- Weekday, Weekend and Holiday Call: 1:3
- Additional time off through the week when you have weekend call
- Anticipated outpatient volume: 12 – 15 patients per day
- Common Cancer Diagnoses:
- Benign Hematology conditions
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 12 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at [email protected] or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Michigan City is a lake-side city located in beautiful LaPorte County, IN. Home to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Michigan City has a small city, rural and suburban feel that offers affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools. Lake Michigan is at your doorstep with swimming, fishing, boating and many other water activities. Visit downtown Michigan City for shopping, restaurants and a great sunset over Lake Michigan.
Michigan City Attractions:
- Lake Michigan Beaches
- Uptown Arts District
- LaPorte County Historical Society Museum
- Family-owned orchards, farms, and wineries
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law. Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.